A natural phenomenon and one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls is an immense 1.5 km wide curtain of water cascading 100m into the gorge. Around 550 million litres of water fall over the lip every minute. Surrounding the falls is a luscious rainforest, sustained year round by spray created by the thundering falls. There are plant species here which are rarely seen elsewhere in Zambia. During peak flow, the Zambian side of the Falls is a spectacular sight and walkways lead to vantage points across the Knife Edge Bridge.
- Park Entry fee is $20 per adult, $10 children 6 – 16 years old and free for children 5 years old and under.
- A guided tour can be organised with Safari Par Excellence which includes return transfers, guided tour and soft drinks
- If you don’t want an organised tour then speak to the friendly staff at reception and they’ll organise a taxi to take you there.
- Water levels from Dec / Jan to July are very high so clients can expect to get showered by the spray.
- The water is very low in October, when not much water flows over the Falls on the Zambian side. A microlight flight over the falls or a dip in The Devils Pool on the edge of the Falls is highly recommended at this time of year.
- Lunar Rainbow (moonbow) – This can be experienced for 3 days during high water, best times of year are the months April – August.